Sunday, November 6, 2016

IT'S TIME TO VOTE!

I have started several blog posts in the past few weeks, but as I gave up on my news fast and started watching some of the campaign news I've fallen into a blue funk. (Note I said "blue".) This morning the tension and accompanying stress were so prominent in the newscasts on broadcast TV that I didn't even have to hear the actual words they were saying for the energy to hit me full on. I kept switching channels until I reached one of the PBS channels.
(Striped Hyena - It's even got the hair!)
Guess what they were featuring? Hyenas! I immediately correlated that animal with another disgusting, ugly, bottom feeder who's running for President. (I just couldn't get away from him.) "Generally, hyenas are known to drive off larger predators, like lions, from their kills, despite having a reputation in popular culture for being cowardly." .. "Hyenas are commonly viewed as frightening and worthy of contempt, ... In some cultures, hyenas are thought to influence people’s spirits, rob graves, and steal livestock and children." (Wikipedia)  I know, I know. These scavenging creatures are a necessary being in our ecosystem. So are vultures. But as our president?

I don't even like to speculate what kind of government we would have if this hyena is elected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The number of Klan-affiliated groups in America grew to 190 last year, up from 72 in 2014, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s report, titled 'The Year in Hate and Extremism.'" Also in this report, "The number of (hate) groups on the American radical right, according to the latest count by the Southern Poverty Law Center, expanded from 784 in 2014 to 892 in 2015 — a 14% increase."

Not surprisingly, contributing to this rise in hate groups has been the ongoing campaign of Donald Trump, as well as other GOP candidates and supporters. These groups include anti-gay, anti-Muslim, anti-abortion, neo-Nazi, and White Nationalists groups among others. There seems to be "something or someone for everyone" to hate.

Our democracy is destined to become a thing of the past if Trump is elected and his supporters predominate in governing our country.

Listen carefully to your heart and get out there and vote for equality, responsibility, decency, fairness, and true democracy. Vote for Hillary Clinton and other Democrats who stand for these values. Then, it is up to all of us to see that these values are upheld and fulfilled.

Peace and Love,
Marilyn

6 comments:

  1. Already did it by absentee ballot last week. I have never before tfelt the urgency of voting as completely as I do this year. The idea of a Trump Presidency makes me ill from head to toe. Two more days of this horrible campaign before we finally have an answer as to the future of this country, and a very anxious world is watching what we do. I'm with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has never before been so urgent to vote in this country.
      I'm with her, too.

      Delete
  2. I voted the very first day early voting was open, Oct. 20th. I am so over it all as I think everyone truly is. It is an embarrassing event for the US all over the globe. It is just completely unreal that the Orange Hitler is a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A former classmate sent the following:
    "Voted early for Hillary."

    Yayyy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A while back I was in the Atlanta airport, in some terminal I don't usually use, and there they had a display case of things that had been confiscated from arriving international passengers, which were illegal because they involved endangered species; e.g., carved ivory, stools made from elephant feet, etc.....

    Among the items was a complete stuffed adult Hyena. You could see within a few inches his powerful neck muscles, jaws and teeth. I was amazed at how powerful this animal looked. I am sure he could bite right through your thigh or arm, breaking and crushing the bone. I never before realized just how powerful and dangerous this animal is. The jaws, and upper body strength, of a wolf or a coyote, by comparison are much less impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Powerful and dangerous.." Yep. These animals are known as "bone crushers", able to crush an elephant bone.

      Wonder what Trump and his pack will crush?

      Delete