Friday, April 13, 2012

LICENSE TO KILL



This was on a Russian online news site recently... The way the world views us?

Glocked and loaded?  It is more than a little scary to me that my 93-year-old father who is starting to have serious lapses of memory, told me recently that he keeps his loaded pistol right by him, and will shoot any "intruder" who comes into his home.  When I said to him that he didn't want to end up in jail at his age, he responded, "I won't go to jail - it's not illegal to shoot an intruder."  I might add that he is an avid fan of FOXNews.

BRAVO!

  • To the Special Prosecutor in Sanford, Florida for arresting George Zimmerman for shooting the unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin.

  • To the Mayor of Newark, New Jersey for rushing into a burning house and rescuing a neighbor woman.
More Peace and heroism!
Marilyn

4 comments:

  1. Very timely observations, Marilyn. It's very scary stuff when everyone and their cat feels free to keep a loaded gun handy. I suppose it I had ever been threatened or been attacked or had a family member threatened or attacked, it might alter my view. But I hope not.

    Thanks again for your timely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, this is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a note on gun controls.. we live in a somewhat remote area. I retain a weapon, and would hate to use it...but would if I had to. I understand your feelings on this matter, and hope that your father will use restraint and judgment, as I feel that he will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim,
      I have no doubt that you are a responsible gun owner. I also understand why living in the country, one sometimes has need of a gun. Usually, though, these guns are small gauge shotguns or perhaps a .22 rifle. I can see no need for assault weapons, or heavy duty handguns. I think our gun laws are much, much too lax... and too many guns are in the hands of unstable people.. Or elderly like my dad.

      Delete