Thursday, September 6, 2018

SEASONS

"To stay in one place and watch the seasons come and go is tantamount to constant travel; one is traveling with the earth"...Marguerite Yourcenar

I've done my share of traveling over the years. Besides driving to visit friends or family, I had the added pleasure of "watching the seasons come and go" and photographing many.
Old Bridge at Burkett, Texas

"Relish the changing landscape of the place where you live."




Springtime in the Hill Country
(Near Burnet, Texas)
 Texas Bluebonnets (Near Burnet, Texas)  

      
Anole Lizard on Front Porch Plant
(Austin, TX)

         Front Porch in Austin





   My own "Van Gogh" Irises in         Burnet, TX Backyard





As I no longer drive, I am very happy to view the changing seasons from my front porch or deck at my current Lake Cottage. I call it that because I am only a couple of blocks from Lake Austin. These are some of my photos I've taken from my front porch or back deck. My way now of enjoying the outdoors and the little creatures that I share my space with.



Yes, it snows in Texas. I have yet to see enough accumulation in Austin, where I now live, to photograph. Burnet is a little north of Austin.


Summer Blooms in Burnet

Summer Blooms in Burnet


Beside my front porch in Austin


The following video is of landscapes that are beautiful even when dying.


From film "Five Seasons: The Gardens of Pief Oudolf" 
Directed by Tom Piper


Praying for a definitive end to the heat wave we've suffered this summer, and a cool fall and even colder winter.

May many colorful living things inhabit your own space on Planet Earth..
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment